Crash Course: Packing For Summit
- COMFORTABLE SHOES (there will be lots of walking)
- Any medicine you need! (If you get headaches like me remember that ibuprofen).
- Umbrella (although the weather looks good for Summit, you never know when it could rain in DC)
- Phone/phone charger
- Socks, pajamas, and underwear (sounds silly, but it is one of the most forgotten items when packing)
- Clothes. "Dress is casual on Monday and Tuesday. Wear what makes you feel most comfortable and most powerful. Please remember that even though July in Washington D.C. is hot, air conditioning indoors can be chilly. We recommend packing at least one sweater/sweatshirt. On Wednesday, attendees will participate in a “day of action.” Attire will include the official Girl Up Leadership Summit t-shirt and attendees should plan to wear comfortable shoes (With Business attire if on Advocacy Track).
- Toiletries (Toothbrush, Sunscreen, Deodorant, etc.)