GENDER EQUITY NEWS UPDATE: World Cup Edition
The FIFA Women's World Cup, France 2019 has officially kicked off! (YES pun intended)
Here's what a few media outlets are saying about this year's tournament:
- The Conversation: The gender pay gap for the FIFA World Cup is US$370 million. It's time for equity.
- Time: After a Record Women's Soccer World Cup Victory, the Internet Demands the Team Should Also Win Equal Pay.
- FIFA: Mlambo-Ngcuka: Football can have a massive impact on advancing gender equity.
- UN Women: UN Women scores goals for gender equality at the FIFA Women's World Cup.
- CNBC: The 2019 Women's World Cup prize money is $30 million - 7.5% of the Men's World Cup prize.
- Vox: How the US women's soccer team 13-0 World Cup win against Thailand became about pay equity.
- Refinery29: Megan Rapinoe Wants to Know: Why the 'Resistance' to Paying Women in Soccer?